Now Every Friday 4pm – 5.30pm on Zoom.
Register by simply sending an email to email@example.com with first name and reason for wishing to join.
New series of online Autism Dialogue group sessions, beginning on Friday 27th March. Register here for updates. We use Zoom, which is adequate to use directly on the web or you can download it to your computer or device for additional functionality.
Group guidelines. You might find it helpful to print these off.
- Emotions are naturally higher at this time of medical emergency, please be aware of risk of triggering others during your time speaking.
- Know the four dialogic practices.
- No need to repeat news, general advice or hearsay.
- Everything spoken and others’ identities is confidential (unless you have permission from someone to reveal they attended).
- Your microphone should be on ‘mute’ if there is background noise in your environment. The host has the ability to mute you in case this becomes necessary.
- Please test your equipment before the meeting. You can call a friend on it to test it.
- You do not need to have your camera on but if you can it is better for the group.
- There is no obligation to speak at all.
- Please rest your camera on something so your screen isn’t moving around.
- We try to maintain a relatively calm and focussed atmosphere, so you might like to turn your camera off if you want to move around a lot.
- The facilitator will introduce the session and explain some ground rules before we do a check-in. The ‘check-in’ will be something like saying what brings you to the session and what is present for you, within an allotted time, depending on how many are present etc.
- There is no agenda other than generosity, care and deepening of the practices outlined below.
- The link to the Zoom room will be sent to you, please ask if you’ve lost it.
These guidelines and this page will be updated.
Dialogue is a method that has to be understood a little before joining in. We all learn together and aim to deepen understanding and awareness.
Here is a graphic that explains the four practices – understanding and maintaining them is the minimum requirement. Detailed explanation here. There is lots more information on this website and generally anything to do with David Bohm Dialogue is worth checking out.
Draft page, updated 25 March 2020, 08:50.
Looking for one-to-one coaching and mentoring? It’s here.